Chemical and physical vapor deposition (PVD / PACVD) are environmentally friendly vacuum deposit technologies involving a deposit of material on the surface of the parts to be treated.
These technologies allow to obtain coatings with:
- Thicknesses which vary from a few nanometers to a few tens of microns
- Hardnesses of 1000 to 4000Hv
Thus, depending on the chosen coating, these technologies give to the treated pieces, properties:
- Tribological: very low friction coefficient
- Mechanical: high hardness
- Electromagnetic shielding
- Electrical Conductivity
- Among others…
This process is performed in a vacuum chamber where the plasma is created.
HEF mainly uses three methods to generate their plasmas and perform high quality layers:
The PEMS® technology allows the production of very dense layers for tribological use. HEF uses this process for the realization of its hard or extra hard layers with low friction coefficient. The PEMS® technology also allows to modify the hardness, density and resistance of the deposits according to the application.
At the forefront of vacuum technology, the CAM® technology is a genuine evolution in the hard coatings deposit with very low friction coefficient and extremely low temperatures.
This method is an evolution of the classical arc evaporation technique. Significantly reduces the droplets generally associated with this type of coating.
Thanks to the control of these processes, HEF group has developed a series of coatings cover a wide field on thin layers application:
- Reducing friction and wear: CERTESS™ CARBON
- Increased life of mechanical components: CERTESS™ NITRO
- Electromagnetic shielding in polymers: PROCEM™
- Corrosion protection of aluminum alloys: CORRALU™ V
- Erosion protection: CERTESS BLAST™
- Other surface properties: optical application and decorative application (especially in large pieces).